Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Monday 9 May 2011

Wedding Shoes: Converse

The day finally arrived where I picked out my wedding shoes. Sunday 8th May 2011 I purchased my first pair of Converse low tops. It's a day to remember. In the end I decided to go with the classic dark blue. Michael has the high tops in this colour for our wedding day so we will also match. Aw how sweet?!




 I just need to alter the laces and I'm done. Am I the only one who hates criss cross laces? Why do they lace the shoes this way in shoe shops? Hmmm? I'm going to be one of the comfiest brides. 

I was an utter fool and originally put these on the coffee table to photograph, the usual place to take my blog pictures, when I heard my Mum's words echo through my mind, "Never put new shoes on the table."
I have no idea where this superstition originated but I gasped when I realised what I had done. I immediately deleted all the pictures taken which ultimately deletes all back luck I could have received from this act, or so I like to believe. So please wish me luck to also eliminate all future bad luck before our wedding day. Thank you. 

Speak Soon,
Katie 
x

10 comments:

  1. Awww I just saw my name on your 'blog love' tab! Consider yourself added to mine <3 Thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some converse! Are you wearing them for your wedding? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing u all the good luck in the world xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you managed to get them ! I think you will both look awesome in your converse together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh cool! I've decided that i'm wearing flip flops when i eventually get married. The boy is wearing the converse too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your wonderful comments.

    ashlie - Yeah of course I'm wearing them on my wedding day, I don't think I'd feel comfortable in anything else. And a big thank you to you too for your lovely comment.

    LC - thank you so much!

    Eloise - thank you, I hope the day goes smoothly, if not as long as we're married at the end of it thats all that counts really.

    harlbohats - They're not the ones I originally wanted, but I love them just as much. I'm sure there will be wedding pictures up after so we'll have to wait and see if they look good. haha.

    KylieDee - Years ago, before I even met Mike I wanted flip flops too! Then I realised I'm poop at walking in them so I thought I'd go for something a little safer, and quieter. haha. I still love the idea of flip flops though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay converse! I hate cris cross laces too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!! I'm sure nothing bad will happen and that it's all superstition :P I think it's so cute that you're both wearing matching shoes on the day! I love how this wedding is SO personal x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mum always tells me it's bad luck to put new shoes on the table too! So I wish you extra good luck! :D Am majorly excited to see your wedding pics with your matching converse!! x

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.