Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Wednesday 25 May 2011

If it's broke... fix it!

I picked up this dress in Primark a couple of weeks ago. Now I don't know if it's just me but these dresses are a nightmare to get hold of. Don't get me wrong, they always have plenty in stock which is great.. if you're a size 6 or 8, but unfortunately I was not bless with a high metabolism. So when I spotted this lurking at the back I jumped with joy. 


Now yes, as you can see by the picture (professionally modelled by me. haha) the strap is broken. The look on the ladies face was a picture when she realised that I wanted to buy a broken item of clothing, but come on it's only a strap. 

Today I decided that I wanted to wear it, so out came the needle and thread, and of course the camera for my lovely blog. 



And you can't let this post go by without Katie's concentration face. haha. Thank you Mike for that one. 



And there we have it, my bargain £4.50 dress. I love it. And what better way to finish this post of than with an outfit of the day.


Dress - Primark 
Cardigan - Primark years ago (originally bought for work when I workes as a waitress)
Shoes - Primark 
Leggings - Primark 
Belt - Tesco (wow something that's not from Primark)
Headband - wait and see..

Speak Soon,
Katie 
x

P.S Mike had to poke a new hole in my belt for me. Best idea really seen as I was going to try and do it with an electric drill. haha. 


4 comments:

  1. Ooh well done! That looks absolutely gorgeous on you now you've fixed it and £4.50 is a bargain price! Also you look really tiny I'd totally think you were like an 8/10 if you hadn't stated you werent ha-ha look at your little waist!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks gorgeous on you! Yay for DIY sewing jobs!!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ fashionismyh2o - you have made my day. I wish I was a size 8/10 but I just love food too much. haha. x

    @ Lola Says What - Thank you. I love the dress loads. A big thank you to primark for dirt cheap price! whoop whoop! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this dress and the strap on mine broke when I leant to put my seatbelt on in the car haha! I'm not very nifty with a needle and thread though so I superglued mine haha! x

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.