Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Wedding: Cupcakes

The cupcakes I made for our wedding went down a treat. Everyone loved them. And I must admit so did I. I made them on the Friday night before our wedding day as I wanted them to be as fresh as possible, and so that the sponge was still moist. I planned on making my own cupcakes from the day we set the date for our wedding and I'm so glad that I did. The little flags in each cake were also handmade by the now husband. I told him what to do, and he made them perfectly. I am such a proud wife. 



Most people were in utter shock to find out that they were homemade, and my Nanna even wants to learn how to make them! Now this came as a complete shock to me, as it will do to you when you see the cake she made for our wedding day...



This fabulous creation was made by our 88 year old Nanna. I always wanted her to make my wedding cake, but never thought that she would be able to. I loved it. Unfortunately I don't like fruit cake, or I'd be wolfing it down. (though she did give me a bag of icing from it that I can munch on... shhhh!)



Overall the cupcakes did take four hours to make, but I loved every second of it, and wouldn't change it for the world. I think that even if I had more money than sense I still would have made my own. The whole process relaxed me, which is just what I needed the night before the wedding, it also kept me busy so I didn't think about the day ahead. 

The tricky part was transporting the cakes from our house, a 25 minute drive down the road to my parents house. haha. We had the best man in the back seat guarding two trays full of cakes spread out across the back, while holding two more, and a cake stand with more cakes between his knees. I was in the front seat with my Nanna's cake and more cupcakes balanced on top, and finally Mike driving as carefully as possible. But don't worry he didn't have any balanced on his head, though I would be surprised if he did. haha.


I've now been asked to bake some cupcakes for the Vicar's Birthday, and for me this is an honour. It'll be my way of thanking her for marrying us, and holding such a beautiful ceremony. I'd love to start my own mini business from baking, but for now baking for the Vicar's Birthday is more than enough. 

As you can tell we held our wedding reception at my parents home, and we loved every second of it. There are even people who didn't go to our wedding that are still talking about our day now. As each day goes by we hear from someone else how much they enjoyed it. 

There's definitely more to come,
Speak Soon,
Katie 
x

5 comments:

  1. wow everything about your wedding looked perfect :) i hope you saved a cupcake for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did sooo much yourself, bet you're really proud, they look fab :).

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. bloody hell your nanna is amazing, that looks so professional and beautiful! what a lovely token of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tat - surprisingly there were still a few cupcakes left so we ate them... haha. And thank you so much, it was perfect. x

    Sadie - Thank you. We loved the day, and I'm so glad that we did a lot ourselves. I don't think it would have been as fun if we had just hired people in. Plus we've now got a lot of the decorations scattered around our living room. Bonus. haha. x

    LC- Thank you so much, I'll be sure to let her know, she'll be over the moon. My Nanna used to make wedding cakes years ago, she even made Kevin Keegan's. It's her little claim to fame. I'm so proud of her. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw those cakes all look amazing! Any chance you and your Nanna can make me some for my 18th this Wednesday ;) haha! x

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.