Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Sunday 1 May 2011

Homemade: Budget Wedding Flower Arrangements

In my last post I wrote about all my Ikea purchases. Well I then had a play around with some ideas for our Wedding flower arrangements, and I think I’ve decided on the following, which I will have dotted around the wedding reception venue (my parents house.)

1. This first idea I had had in mind for months. Is it wrong to admit that the inspiration for this came from my own living room? I hope not.

I just love the simplicity of this arrangement, and how the stems bend so easily so that the followers can be arranged perfectly.


2. I love these also. The jars originally came with lids, which whist still in Ikea I checked that they could be removed, which they can very easily.

3. And finally these lovely glass vases were just so cute. I’m not sure which I prefer more, the flower wrapped around the outside or wrapped around the inside.



The prices for all these were fantastic. Each flower was only 39p, so in total £19.11 for the job lot. Less than £20 is just fantastic for the quality and versatility of the flower. 

The glass jars were £1.01 each, so I picked up 6, which I can use again and again and again. For what, I’m not sure yet, but I will find out soon.  These I think would look so cute as a centerpiece in a larger, more traditional venue.

The glass vases were £1.83 each.

And the mini cute vases (as I like to call them) were also only £1.83. I think these are my favourites.

In total all are flower arrangements for our budget wedding came to a grand total of £32.49 if my calculations are correct (knowing me they aren't. What a complete bargain, and I didn’t compromise on quality. I’m rather chuffed with myself. 

Speak Soon, 
Katie 
x

2 comments:

  1. LOVE them! These are so tasteful and I cant believe you got all of them for that amount. Amazing bargain hunter you are! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PRETTY!!! I love the one curled inside the vase.. so creative!! Where does all this inspiration come from?! <3

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.