Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Book Haul: So many books

Over the past few weeks I've picked up so many new books. I know that I have some sort of addiction but I'm learning to come to terms with it. haha. I would say that I'm ashamed of buying all these, but to be honest I'm not. There are still a few more books that I want. haha, but I'm going to wait a while before I pick them up. 

Book Haul

On Sunday, Michael and I got up very early to attend a local car boot sale and I must say that we had a lovely morning. We mainly went to pick up a few cheap books. Obviously. I love that you can pick up an unread book for 30p! Where else could you pick up a book for that price? There's only one problem, you start to become a little tight. You find yourself asking how much a book costs and if it's £1.50 or more you end up putting it back! Insane! 

Car Boot Book Haul

I absolutely love point horror books and I always have, so coming across some made my day. I'm always on the hunt for these as they don't actually sell them anymore and the only place I can get hold of them are ebay and now it seems, car boots.
I have been drawn to 'The Winter Ghosts' for months now but have never actually picked it up so to get it for only 50p was a complete an utter bargain.
And finally I love Marian Keyes (see here) so it comes as no surprise that I picked up this. All the way around I was hoping that I didn't already own this one, but luck was on my side and I didn't.

As you can tell I had a good run. I manage to pick up all these for less than £3. It was also nice just wandering around without a care in the world. We also ate ice cream at 9:30 in the morning. Crazy!

Torey Hayden

Speaking of car boot sales, I picked these up from my Mums. A while back my Mum was having her very own car boot and I picked up these from her boxes before she left. She's always raving about how good Torey Hayden's books are so I thought that I'd give them a go. And I'm sure you've noticed Alan Titchmarsh's books in there as well... what can I say? My mum forced these upon me, and you never know... they might be good. 

Asda Book Haul

These are a few other bargains that I picked up from various places. It will probably take me over a year to read all these but I'm so excited. I've also got a few more in the post that I won on ebay. I always get a bit bummed out when someone outbids me at the last minute, the sneaky buggers, but I won a few so I'm rather happy. 'Sister' was an ebay buy and it's in amazing condition. The five smaller books in the middle are from Asda, and all for the bargain price of £1 each! I've read one of Lisa Unger's books already and I really liked it, so I'm quite excited to read her others. And finally the Lindsey Kelk books on the end were an absolute steal from Sainsburys. Like many supermarkets Sainsburys have the 2 for £7 offer on most books, these actually came as a double pack and were still in the deal. So instead of 2 books I got 3 for £7. Ah-mazing!

I think I'm going to have to go on a book spending ban soon or my house will turn into a library. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. haha.

This is the current book that I'm reading. I'm rather enjoying it, so expect to see a book review on here very soon. 

Who's That Girl Alexander Potter

What book are you currently reading?
Speak Soon, 
Katie 
x

8 comments:

  1. I recently picked up the new Lindsay Kelk book which I can't wait to read :) I also seem to have bought quite a few new reads recently xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian Keyes - The Other Side of the story is one of my favourite books of all time, you'll love it.

    I know what you mean about getting tight at car boots, I'm getting like that in Charity shops!

    I'd completely forgotten about point horror until I read this post, I used to read them when I was at school :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to grab a copy of Lindsey Kelk's Single Girls To Do List ever since it came out about a fortnight but like you I'm a bit of a book bargainista. Ever since getting so many good books from my local St Richards Hospice Book Shop for £1-2 I now can't quite talk myself into spending £5-6 per book. It's a shame I couldn't get the deal at Sainsbury's though as I've already read and have a copy of I heart Paris.
    Great post.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Caz I glad I'm not the only one. I've not read I heart New York yet so I'm going to read the one before I heart Paris, but the new one I can't wait for. I've heard such good things about her writing, so hopefully I'll heart Lindsey Kelk. haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Victoria Oooh you've got me excited to read The Other Side of the Story. I've not yet read a Marian Keyes book that I've been disappointed in, I actually don't think that it's possible.
    I'm obsessed with point horror books, sounds bad doesn't it?! Because they are basically written for teens, but I think that teen fiction is a bit more imaginative. Just what I like. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Samantha Well wait. Don't buy it, and when I finish it I'll send you it in a book swap. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! bargain books are the best!
    I am currently reading Morganville Vampires Book 7. Check out my blog for some book reviews! http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading four books at the moment.
    The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai
    Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
    Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
    Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.