Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Sunday 1 May 2011

Wedding: Ikea buys

I mentioned in yesterdays post that we made a trip to Ikea. We’d been planning to go for weeks to pick up a few items for our wedding, and finally made the time two Saturdays before the wedding day.



The flowers that I have picked for my bouquet and the buttonholes are gerberas, or as I like to call them, gerbils, and I knew from previous purchases that IKEA sold artificial ones for less that 50p each, with bendy stems.  So a trip to Ikea was an obvious choice.

We also picked up a few jars and vases for the flowers to be arranged in, along with a few candles to scatter around to create the perfect atmosphere on the day.



In Ikea I did think, ‘what am I going to do with all these flowers once the wedding is over?’ I knew I wanted to keep a few as I already have one set in the living room and a few more scattered around the house would look great, but I had just bought over 40. The as I was taking all the tags off each individual flower (which took forever) I placed them all in one plant pot to keep organized… and I loved it.





So there we have it, all of the flowers for our wedding day and a lovely center piece for our coffee table once the wedding day is over. Dual purpose items rule.



 I love Ikea, and I'm so glad that all my ideas are finally coming together. 
Speak Soon, 
Katie
x

3 comments:

  1. :) i love these post, i'm excited for you! haha

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are lovely :), not far away now, woop bet you're so excited :).

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I cannot wait to see your wedding post. I am more excited to see your dress than I was to see Kate's! <3

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.