Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Tuesday 17 January 2012

365 Challenge Day 16 - 16/01/2012

Winter Wonderland

365 Photo Challenge January 365 Photo Challenge January 365 Photo Challenge January 365 Photo Challenge January 365 Photo Challenge January 365 Photo Challenge January 365 Photo Challenge January

Today was a crisp, cold winters day, but because of my New Years Resolution of walking Millie every day, we ventured out. And I'm so glad that we did. Though it was cold, we wrapped up super warm and headed out to a not so local lake. It had been years since I'd been, in fact the last time was on Millie 13th week birthday - the first day she could actually go for a walk, and I've never seen anything so beautiful. The lake was half frozen over, the ducks were casually swimming around, 'ducking' and diving, and the frost covered the grass with a white crisp glaze. It makes my New Years Resolution well worth while, to know that instead of hiding away inside from the cold, we braved the weather and spectated nature at it's best. Most of all, Millie loved it. Though she has developed an awful habit of barking at young children, which we need to drill out of her pretty soon. I'm not sure where it's come from, and though I know that she would never hurt a soul, it's still heartbreaking to see such fear on a little child's face.

Not so much of a 'Blue Monday' for me. How did you spend the "most depressing day of the year?"

Katie
x

P.S I don't know about you, but I feel the need to add speech bubbles with almost every picture off Millie. She just seems so full of attitude. Bless her. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.