Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Raid Your Stash!

The other day whilst hunting high and low for our missing battery charger I came across a tub if old jewellery. Nothing special or of great value, but I did come across so real treasure pieces that I'd forgotten all about. I love it when that happens. 


First up are the necklaces. I'd completely forgotten all about these two. I love the bird one, and after reading Mokingjay I've had a fascination with bird accessories. Yes, I know I'm a geek. These are both on a long chain which I personally favour over a shorter one. 


Then the bracelets. I love bracelets but I always forget to wear them. I really need to do something about that. I love wooden bracelets. My particular favourite being the green one, purely due to it's colour. I love the vibrance, but teamed up with the others it creates a subtle burst of colour. Very pretty indeed. I bought the gold bracelets in a blog sale and instantly feel in love, but have not got around to wearing them yet. Once again another item that was stashed away for a rainy day, but then forgotten about. Though these are more of a summer item so I'm sure that I'll get some use out of them soon. 


You may notice that in the first picture there are only single earrings pictures. This is because I have a major habit of loosing one out of the pair. Pretty good for me really as I only ever wear one earring at a time anyway. The bottom picture is of all my button earrings. I made these last year planning to sell them but never got around to it. I went through a whole phase of making button earrings... I have a thing about buttons too. haha. 


Since getting engaged I've not really been into wearing other rings, but when I re-found these I thought I'd make an exception. The bird ring is the cutest thing ever. I remember that I found it in the sale in Boots for £2.50. I found the yellow flower ring in Primark. No surprise there then. It can't have been more than £3 as I don't know any piece of jewellery from Primark for more than £3. 

So there we are then. That's what happens when you look for something.
You never actually find what you're looking for, but instead you do find things you didn't know were lost.
It kind of makes up for it.
I'd love to see any of your recent finds.

Speak Soon,
Katie 
x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so jealous that you managed to find all these lovely things when you look for things. My jewellery tends to be from when I was 15 and unfortunately my taste in jewellery left a lot to be desired, so I never find anything nice.
    The necklaces are so lovely, and the rings are awesome!
    You should also definitely sell those button earrings, they're so cute, I would definitely buy a pair! :)

    snippets-scribbles.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a few years, then have another raid. haha. My jewellery taste at 15 also left much to be desired, it must be a teen thing.
    I'm definitely thinking about opening up an etsy store soon and I will put the button earrings up so keep a look out. x

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.