Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Sunday 3 July 2011

Phew! It's been a long but productive day...

I had planned on enjoying the sunshine today, but instead I spent the whole day redesigning my blog. It's been a long time coming, but to redesign an entire blog (minus the header) without a lot of knowledge takes a long time. Google has been a good friend to me today and has given me some fantastic answers, well one amazing one really, but still it has been greatly appreciated. It's been one of those things that one you start you just can't stop until it's finished. This is the screen I've been looking at pretty much all day. 

blogger html
For a long time I've wanted a three column blog, but due to my rather large picture sizes, every time I tried to change for two columns to three I ended up with my pictures overflowing the page borders. The only answer I could come up with was editing each and every post so that all the pictures were inside the borders, but to me this was just stupid. There had to be an easier way, and after a lengthy google search I realised that I was stupid, and that there was an easier way. Whoop whoop! So now I have a three column blog like I've always wanted. There are still a few thing I want to change that I can't quite get my head around yet, but with the correct google search I'm sure I'll find my way. If not I'm just going to have to start sending out help emails. haha. 

I've also added my favourite blogs to the right hand side of my blog. Don't worry I have many more to add but this takes forever to do because I have to link each and everyone. Plus not all of my favourite blogs have blog buttons so I've had to steal their blog headers and create my own. haha. I'm now going to go around and send emails to these people just to make sure they don't mind. Fingers Crossed. 

I'm really enjoying building my knowledge of HTML, it's bringing back all those old MySpace memories. And just incase you didn't know, that's where Michael and I met, so they are very good memories. I'm even getting to the point of editing certain button html before I put it on my page to delete unnecessary bumph. I think I should really stop before I get to big for my boots. haha. 

Anyway I hope you like the new and improved blog, I certainly do. I just need to do something about the blog header now, as it's just not right. Have a play around with my new features and if you find something that doesn't quite work, then let me know. There's bound to be a few kinks, or broken links. 

Speak Soon, 
Katie 
x

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! very professional..i want to do the same myself..very much need to start getting the time to write my blog let alone redesign everything!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog! Mine is in dire need of a new design but I know that I’ll get half way through it and end up getting frustrated at my lack of skills so it’s a job I’m putting off. Also I’ve found myself with loads of spare time so I’m getting back into reading and I just wanted to let you know that I’m finding your book challenge and reviews really interesting and useful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha html reminds me of my space too...feels like so long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I absolutely love your new layout! hmtl takes me back to my myspace days too haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could get my head around html, I try and get the boy to help but I never understand it enough to explain lol. I really should try and learn more to do fancy things like headers and banners and the like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore your new layout and thank you so much for adding me to your sidebar! I'm going to add some buttons to mine once I've worked out how small they're supposed to be. Takes me ages to figure everything out! :P x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so rubbish at design! yours is looking fab and the buttons are just the right size. I've tried making a buttong before but I'm useless and they never work haha
    x

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.