Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Tuesday 7 February 2012

365 Challenge Day 37 - 06/02/2012

Moments like these

Description of Photo Description of Photo

When we originally made our no take-away challenge it was to be able to have moments like these. Meals out with the husband, date night, whatever you want to call it. Originally we intended to go to a local "two for one" restaurant, who make the most delicious cheesy chips, but unfortunately they stop making food ridiculously early, so we ended up at Frankie and Bennies. I know it's super cheesy and when the birthday music plays you can feel the embarrassment level of the whole room rise, but Frankie & Bennies hold a special place in our hearts. Michael and I actually got engaged here, and one day I may share the story with you all, but for now lets just say that he did plan to propose in a fancy Italian restaurant, but Katie spoilt it. And now... I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Last night was amazing. The food was incredible. I had the margarita pizza (no surprise there then) and Mike chose the meatballs and spaghetti. To follow we both shared the chocolate fudge brownie cake 'thingy me-bob', which quickly disappeared soon after this picture was taken. And even though it was still chocolate we decided that on meals out our chocolate ban could be broken. 

Oooh have I not told you about that? Nope, I guess not. We've given up all chocolatey treats up until Easter to prevent the ominous gorging on easter eggs, and maltesers bunnies which happens on a yearly basis. 

Katie 
x

2 comments:

  1. Margarita pizza sounds so good right now!! Since we moved to this small town, there isn't anywhere to eat out at, so we have been cooking in every night, except when we go into town, and its been amazing. No fast food. I have really be cherishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that fudge cake looks so so yummy! I too hate those birthday moments, so many places to it over here in the USA when all the staff come out singing this cheesey song. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.