Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Sunday 27 March 2011

Power Adapter Failure

Today the worst thing that could possibly happen... happened. Our power adapter gave up the ghost. Now it had been on it's last legs for quite some time now, but we had always kept that hope that it would survive a few more years. But the worst did happen, and this morning with a dead macbook, and a broken charged we had no other option but to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Now to some this would seem anything but tragic, but wait for it we had to fork out £50 for it!

Loving the background, lets all give thanks to the British Passport. Haha.




























As you can see, there was no doubt that this was going to die, but what bugs me is that this is less than a year old, and what gets me even more is that they have re-designed the end.





























This is our shiny new one, and if you take a look at the connector, they have completely changed it. In other words, they must have known that there was a major wear and tear issue with their product or they wouldn't have needed the re-design. Because, 
'why change sommet if it aint broke?
*spoken in a broad Yorkshire accent*

Rant over, the fact of the matter is that we left it until it got this bad, had we have taken it back when we first noticed the problem, we could have received a free replacement. I would say lesson learned, but I can't honestly say that. Haha. I also love Apple products so I'm not going to moan about them any more. Plus to be honest the universal power adapter we had to buy a few years back when out Sony one died cost £70, so really you could say (with gritted teeth) that £50 is a bargain. 

 Katie 
x

P.S How could I have possibly gone anymore than a few hours without blogging, or reading blogs?

Haha, I love that the only person who's happy about the clocks going back, is the guy on T.V. He's looses an hour at work, we loose an hour in bed! 

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who has a mac, I remember her saying that the exact same thing happened to her and then a month later her brothers one broke too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that this has happened to someone else. It's a nightmare. I'm just glad that they have now changed the design. Lets see how long this one last. x

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.