Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Sunday 20 March 2011

Feeling slightly under the weather

I've had a lovely day today, but now I'm not feeling quite myself as the title suggests. I think I'm starting with another cold. Fingers crossed I'm just imagining things, and I wake up tomorrow morning feeling on top of the world. For now, I'm going to stay cuddled up in my quilt on the sofa, with Millie, and Mike, enjoying blogging. (My favourite place to be to be honest.)
I've got a post to upload after this one that I'm quite proud of.
I wrote it while waiting for these picture to upload, so look out for that one. But in the mean time, heres what I got up to today.

























As usual my Sunday morning started with pole dancing. Not so usual, is that my Mum had to take me, as we suffered a major oil leak at the beginning of the week, which will keep me off the road until next Sunday. Which is probably good news to other drivers. I should make a public announcement really.

Once home, I decided to bake, which I'm loving at the moment. Since giving up chocolate for lent, I've chosen to replace the calories with homemade cakes and biscuits. I can see the flaws in this plan, but it's worth it.


























They tasted so good. I wanted to make them to take round to my Nanna's. Earlier on in the week I had made some biscuits (in fact the one's mentioned here) which I'd told my Nanna I'd take round for her to try but instead I accidentally left them at my Mum's. So I made her, her very own, personalised biscuit.


























Don't worry that's how we've always spelt Nanna, since I was a little girl.

I also thought I'd take advantage of the cake stand my Auntie bought me for Christmas, and while I appreciate the thought, it's bloody useless.


Why is picture tilted? I hear you ask. Because that's the only way to take a picture of it without fearing for the safety of the cupcakes. I didn't want you all worrying now did I?


Yes, the sneaky bugger is helping me with the cleaning.


























Add feeding it to the dog. Licking the bowl doesn't actually count as washing the pots Mike.


























And there you were thinking I'd left Mike out of all the personalised biscuit making session... or whatever you want to call it.

We then headed to my Nanna's. Walking of course, due to my car being poorly. We took Millie who insisted on inspecting everything at my Nanna's. You'd think she'd never been before. At least she enjoyed herself. It was also the first time we'd ever heard Millie belch. Shocking, but so very, very funny.

More insisting occurred, when my Nanna's gave me her high street vouchers so I could pick up some bits for our wedding. Half of me (the selfish side) is very excited to pick up my foundation, and a few other bits, the other half wishes that she had spent them all on herself. Either way I didn't have much choice in the matter, so the only way round is to pick up a few treats for her with the vouchers, as well as the bits for myself.

Once back home, and settled we realised that the only food we'd had was breakfast, and cakes, so real food was needed.
So we decided upon cheese on toast. Haha.


























The husband-to-be took this one for my blog. He's such a sweetheart.


























Followed by an apple. He asked if I wanted one for pudding (well we did have cupcakes for lunch) I said yes, as long as he cut it up for me. I didn't think he'd actually do it. I really have found a keeper.

Anyway, that's our day over. And what a lovely day it has been. Quiet and family orientated, just the way I like it.

Speak soon,
Katie
x

5 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look so good! I've seen so many posts on them recently, i'm craving them so bad! I can't wait for Lent to be over so I can dig out my Hummingbird Bakery recipe and make some! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes and heart biscuits look amazing. Your life looks so fun and Mike was so sweet to cut up the apples for you, haha! Get well soon (hopefully you do wake up feeling better!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, they were amazing, even my Nanna agreed. And from someone who made wedding cakes that's the biggest compliment ever.
    I forgot that you've given up all sweet things for lent. I feel a bit bad now.
    It's not that long until lents over though, so at least that's good.
    I'm hoping chocolate tastes awful by the time easter comes... heres for wishing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Christina Marie - Aww that's the nicest comment I've ever received. To me I think our life is fun, but I never thought it would be to someone else. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cakes look amazing!! I love duvet days, being on the sofa snuggled up is my favourite place too!
    Are you going to the sheffield bloggers meet-up on Saturday?xx

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.