Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Monday 11 April 2011

My Felt Creations - Felt Keyrings

In a previous post I mentioned my felt creations. I love making these things. Felt is such a versatile material, which can be cut and sewn easily to create your desired shape. I've always been a big fan of sewing, though I'd not picked up a needle for years. A good few months ago now I decided to jump back into the saddle, put on my creative cap, and get sewing. 
Here are a few of my designs:


















Each piece takes roughly two hours to create. For some people it may be less, but I pride myself on an extremely neat stitch, which always takes longer to complete. You could say I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my sewing. My personal favourite is the heart. I created this one for Michael for Valentine's Day. I hand stitched all the lettering (my favourite part.) I turn the majority of my designs into keyrings. 
I just think that a handmade keyring is much more fun than a store bought one. 






 I planned on making many seasonal items last year, for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas, but I never really got around to it. I only managed to make bunnies, with inspiration taken from 'Ravin Rabbids'. This year I will be much more organised, and get myself in gear much earlier so I don't miss my chance again. 










The first items I ever created were felt donuts. I took inspiration from LolaSaysWhat who uploaded a video on life size donuts. These I found impractical for me, so I decided to edit the idea and create donut keyrings, which I then proceeded to hand out to family and friends. 



And finally owls. These I originally made for my Nanna. She used to be a 'Brown Owl' in the Brownies, so the idea that she loves owls has stuck. Every year we insist on buying her some form of owl for Birthdays and Christmas, whether it be jewellery, ornaments, clocks, or something homemade. For her 88th Birthday I handmade her her very own owl keyring. 




I hope that you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. 
Have a good Monday.
Speak Soon, 
Katie 
x



6 comments:

  1. I love these! Especially the skull & crossbones :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute, I love the donuts especially! Just found your blog and its great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so gorgeous! I'd LOVE to be able to make something like this. My fave one is the little happy cloud and the plain pink doughnut! They're all so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.