Description of PhotoDescription of PhotoDescription of Photo

Monday 26 September 2011

Update, Illness, and my struggles to read

Finally after almost a week my body has been released from the grips of this awful cold, well almost. I've had three days off from work and have spent all of them feeling very sorry for myself. I hate how a cold has the ability to withdraw your love of things you would normally enjoy. I've had the attention span of a 3 year old and the energy levels of an 80 year old. I've spent three days curled up in my quilt cover trying to watch youtube videos, read blogs, or read in general but have not succeeded. But on a plus note I can finally feel my love for all things fun coming back. 
One thing that has increased throughout my period of illness it my melodramatic-'ness'. It's hilarious to think that only last night I uttered the words, "I can't even remember what it feels like to be healthy." I don't know how Michael has the patience, but thankfully he does. 

On other matters, I've got a book pile probably as tall as my waist to get through. Oooh did you catch that? Yeah, that was my sly way of letting it slip that I failed my 30 book challenge. I reached 17 books before I couldn't resist buying some new ones, which I think is pretty good, but still a failure. Though I'm struggling with the current book I'm reading, The Iron King. I've heard amazing things about this book, but I just don't get it. I feel that if it was a movie I would have turned it off and never looked back, but with it being a book I just cannot do that. Very frustrating. 

Well that's it for now, a little update on my life. Things aren't super interesting at the moment. I'm enjoying how things are going but things just aren't interesting enough to pop on her. I do have quite a few post planed, and hopefully some day in life posts as autumn is creeping up on us fast. I love this time of year, Halloween, Bon Fire Night, Michaels Birthday (and unfortunately the release of call of duty), my Mum's Birthday and last but by no means least... Christmas. So much to look forward to...

And purely because I can't leave a post without a picture, here's a delightful picture of me on my lunch break with a bun. 

Speak Soon,
Katie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to always reply to comments posted here. So if you take the time to leave me a message, be sure to check back for my reply.